Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Goodbye to Gary- on a good note!

Well before I pack up my computer and flee the Extended Stay I thought it would be worth it to quickly say how awesome last night was-- I didn't make it all the way to Grant Park, but simply being in Chicago was exhilarating.

I hope to come back and jot down the stories from Election Day and the thrilling news that Obama was elected our 44th President of the good ol' U.S.A.

This morning the victory became just a tad sweeter at seeing Indiana pop up BLUE!!!! It looks like a slim victory with about 24,000 votes determining the outcome. I know that it was our ground work pushing out every last voter in NW Indiana that contributed to that victory and am proud to have been a part of the effort.

Now- I'm off for a 10 day mini-vaca in Florida to see friends and family- I'm looking forward to sharing stories from the field, hearing of their election journeys, and envisioning what the next four years will hold for our lives and the direction of the country.

Signing off from Gary.

1 comment:

do what you love said...

You sound like you had a great campaign! I am itching to do some service again but don't know where to start. God, I miss UM...