Friday, November 16, 2007

first friday

It's 8am and I'm already on my second cup of coffee. It's the first day of winter in Miami- a frigid 57 degrees at this moment, but I also had to be up early to speak on 940 WINZ progressive talk radio at 7:35 a.m. You can listen to the segment here (it's half way through as she's putting the show up by hour)

Gearing up for the big action tomorrow. Must say, that having my dear friend "Chicken" captain the media boat has been fodder for some tasteless yet hilarious jokes at my expense all week- including last night's phone call at dinner where I was trying to get his commitment and to the president, my bosses and others all heard me say, "Are you captaining my ship or not. ... You want me to wear what??" which everyone doubled over in laughter. Ah, nothing like Chicken to save the day.

Anyways, I think on Friday's I'll create my picks-o-the-weekend-- maybe I should post them at the beginning of the week since this city never sleeps, well here goes:

Reasons to get out of bed on the weekend:

* Invisible Children screening at the Sagamore.
Friday 6-9 at the Sagamore hotel on the beach. collins and 16 or 17th. You can't miss it. This is hosted by the ONE campaign Miami. While the One campaign isn't the most effective or thoughtful organization, I do appreciate the folks in Miami trying to bring awareness to int'l issues. so i'm torn. that's a later discussion.

* Santa's Enchanted Forest. This Miami staple is so worth it. Though the tix are out of my price range this week I am keeping this one on the list of things to do this month.

* Armada to Fisher Island- yes, my shameless self-promotion. Hey, it's for a good cause. 12:30 Jimbo's (the scariest place on earth) to Fisher Island (the wealthiest zip code in America).

Sunday- there is zero reason to get out of bed as far as I'm concerned so I'm not even looking for an option here. I'm sure I'll update about the action though.

Blog Pick o the week
While this blog has no intelligent value I need something this raunchy and entertaining in my busy, serious life. Think of it as sex and the city for men or Entourage focused on just the sex. Love it. I'm subscribing. Don't judge me too hard.


Now at 8:50 i'm on my second breakfast pastry of the day. mmm guava and cheese.

No comments: