Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Above a plaza of dancing muses

utterz-image
Near La Bastion de Las Palmas de San Jose.

This section of old San Juan reminds me so much of the capitol of the Dominican Republic, the rod iron balconies, the intricate paintings framing doors and windows, the sea breeze and large ships, the sense that you are walking on ancient truths and horors as you are surrounded by museums and statues. I feel so much safer here, though- than anywhere i have traveled before. Is it because i know it is still America? Or that I am more comfortable with Spanish now? People just seem friendlier, I feel more at ease.

Mobile post sent by tanyalias using Utterz. reply-count Replies.

1 comment:

Z said...

I love this! I'll be checking back for more updates... its rainy and gloomy here =(